The Pampered Posts (Blog)
4/8 The health and Beauty Benefits of Fish Oil
|Posted on April 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM|
Here’s a question from one of my readers:
“What are the benefits of Fish Oil? I’ve heard a lot of people who say they take it, but why? What does it do for you?”
Fish oil contains Omega 3 fatty acids: Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), Eicosapentaeonic Acid (EPA), and Docosahexaeonic Acid (DHA) , which are three of the most important fatty acids for normal brain development, nervous system functioning, eyesight, and reducing arthritis.
The list of health benefits associated with Fish Oil is practically endless, below I’ve listed just a few:
- reduces fatty deposits in arteries, therefore reducing risk of heart attack and heart disease
- inhibits the growth and development of cancer cells
- prevents complications in pregnancy and reduces risk of post partum depression
- has been known to lessen the symptoms and effects of all kinds of depression and ADHD
- improves brain activity and memory
- reduces cravings for fatty foods, therefore regulating weight
- effective treatment for most inflammatory conditions, including arthritis and lupus
- prevents stroke
- raises good cholesterol
Since this is the “Beauty Blog”, I assume you’re asking what the Beauty Benefits of Fish oil are, so I’ll focus more on those.
1. Fish oil is one of the best ways to combat the formation of wrinkles and the decrease of collagen in your skin.
Why: Decreased collagen and elastin in your skin causes skin to sag and wrinkle. The increase of bad Arachidonic Acid (AA) eventually leads to the production of pro-inflammatory agents, causing deep-set wrinkles and puffy eyes. Both of these instances occur with age, but Fish Oil can boost your body’s production of Good AAs, therefore curbing the development of bad AAs. By creating this balance, it allows for increased blood flow in your skin. Increased blood flow stimulates the enzymes needed to produce structural proteins needed for the formation of collagen and elastin. The regulation of bad AAs also reduces those pro-inflammatory agents.
2. Fish oil can treat or even cure Psoriasis and Eczema
Why: Fish oil provides nourishment to your skin, and the anti-inflammatory agents work in the same way that the medicated creams prescribed by a dermatologist do.
3. Fish oil can improve the health and appearance of your hair, skin, and nails
Why: The Omega 3 fatty acids are crucial for healthy hair, skin and nails. ALA, EPA, and DHA , which just happen to be the 3 main ingredients found in Omega 3, are also the 3 main nutrients needed for healthy, strong, supple hair, skin, and nails.
4. Fish oil can help your hair and nails grow
Why: Healthy strong hair and nails grown much quicker than dry brittle hair and nails. If you’re going for that trendy ultra-long hair look or you have always wanted long healthy nails, Fish oil may just be the answer to your prayers!
There are a few ways you can attain these Omega 3 fatty acids. The simplest way is to take a fish oil supplement. 2 a day should make a world of difference. Another way is to include more items that contain fatty acids into your diet. Halibut, albacore, herring, canola oil, clams, sardines, trout, walnuts and shrimp all contain high amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids.
Now that you’re informed about the benefits of fish oil, go out and get a bottle! This stuff is pretty amazing!
Send your Beauty questions to [email protected] and I’ll answer them in my next blog.
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to stop by tomorrow for another dose o the beauty blog.
Post a Comment
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Oops, you forgot something.