The Pampered Posts (Blog)
5/21 Pump Up Fine Hair
|Posted on May 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM|
I'm sure many of you wish your hair had more oomph..more life...more volume. Everyone wants big sexy hair, at least some of the time. Today, I'm going to show you how to get it!
There are a few Home Remedies to pump up the volume on your fine hair.
1. Castor Oil and Egg Yolk will naturally thicken the individual hairs. These vitamin-rich ingredients will thicken and regenerate your otherwise limp locks.
- Mix 1 cup Castor Oil with 2 egg yolks until well blended
- Apply this mixture to dry hair.
- Wrap hair with foil and cover with a towel. The heat will help it penetrate.
- Leave this mixture on as long as you can.
- Wash as usual.
2. Another simple easy trick that you can use with the castor oil mask above or by itself is Oat flour. This restores lipids to your hair, which not only thickens the strands, but strengthens them as well.
- Add 2 TBS (or more) Oat Flour to your regular conditioner
- Mix well
- Use regularly after shampooing
3. Use a volumizing mousse on wet hair before blow drying. Make sure to choose a product specifically designed for thin hair (to add volume) so it doesn't weigh hair down. Be careful not to use too much product, because thin hair also tends to look greasy faster, and products will only emphasize this.
4. Blow dry hair in the opposite direction of growth to train the follicles to stand up, and away from the scalp, creating the illusion of more hair. Blow dry hair upside-down for best results.
Send your beauty questions to [email protected] and I'll answer then in my next blog.
Don't forget to stop by next week for another dose of the beauty blog.
Categories: Hair Care, Home Remedies
Post a Comment
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Oops, you forgot something.