The Pampered Posts (Blog)
5/28 Sun Kissed Skin Soothing Home Remedy
|Posted on May 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM|
In Honor of my favorite weekend of the year, the weekend when the pools open, I’m going to give you a little after sun home remedy to soothe that first-day-in-the-sun overexposed skin.
If the weather cooperates, which seems to be likely, I plan on hitting the pool at least one of the 3 days this long weekend, and I know I’ll be feeling a little crispy after that first all-day raft float at Mineral Beach!
Mix-up this Fruit Smoothie and pop it in the fridge while you soak up the sun. Apply it after you sunbathe to soothe tender sun-kissed skin!
Add the following items to a food processor:
- 2 slices pineapple (rind removed)
- ½ medium honeydew Melon (rind removed)
- 1 dozen grapes - 1 medium banana (peeled)
- 1 medium kiwi (peeled)
- Puree ingredients until well blended (mixture may be slightly lumpy).
- Remove all but about 8 - 12 oz from food processor, and put in a large bowl.
- Squeeze a generous about of honey into the bowl and mix well
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before applying to skin.
- Add a few spoon-fuls of yogurt to the mixture left in the food processor and puree for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour this smoothie into a large glass (add a twisty straw if you have one) and enjoy this fruity drink poolside!
*Add some coconut rum or citrus flavored vodka to your drink for a fruity summer-time cocktail*
- Once you have come in from the sun, remove the fruit mixture from the refrigerator and apply to skin. (it’s best to do this in the bathtub, or outdoors as it may make a mess.)
- This mixture can be applied all over your body, including your face.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes and rinse with tempid water.
- Apply LOTS of moisturizer after rinsing to hydrate your sun and chlorine dried skin.
The fruit juices combined with the honey will both cleanse and moisturize at the same time, and the cold creamy texture will feel great on over-heated skin.
Now, get out there and enjoy that summer sun!!!
Send your beauty questions to [email protected] and I’ll answer them in my next beauty blog.
Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to stop back next week for another dose of the beauty blog!
Thanks for reading,
Categories: Home Remedies, Skin Care
Post a Comment
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Oops, you forgot something.