The Pampered Posts (Blog)
|Posted on May 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM|
Here’s a question from one of my readers:
“I am a huge fan of your one-step-facial and use it every day in the shower. It really has improved my skin, but as a busy mom of 2 I barely have the energy at night to brush my teeth so I usually use those waterless facial wipes before bed. The problem is they are expensive and also I think sometimes dry my face out (I am not loyal to any specific brand just what is on sale). Do you have any ideas for a DIY type facial wipe?”
First, let me say "yay" for the one step facial! I'm so glad it's working for you!
Secondly, This is a GREAT question! Those facial wipes are great for quickly and easily removing the day’s grime, but they are pretty expensive for something you are essentially just throwing away. Not to mention, that most brands of these wipes are saturated with isopropyl alcohol, which will suck the moisture right out of your skin.
Try this cheap & easy recipe for homemade Facial Wipes that will add moisture, instead of taking it away:
What you’ll need:
2 cups water
1 Tablespoon Johnson‘s Baby Shampoo
2 Tablespoons Johnson’s Baby Oil
1 Roll Paper Towel (splurge on the super soft stuff, just this one time)
a Tupperware container with a good sealing lid (or empty baby wipe container)
What to do:
1. Lay the roll of paper towel down and cut so that you have 2 short rolls (that look like a roll of toilet paper)
2. Remove Roll from center and place towels into tupperware or baby wipe container
3. In a separate container, mix water, soap and oil
4. pour mixture over towels, and close container, allowing towels to absorb the liquid.
5. to use pull the center sheet from the roll.
6. Always be sure to cover tightly, so towels remain moist.
I hope this helps!
Send your beauty questions to [email protected] and I'll answer them in my next blog!
Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!