The Pampered Posts (Blog)
|Posted on November 22, 2016 at 5:55 PM|
Happy Shopping Season everyone! In honor Black Friday, Shmall Business Saturday and Cyber Monday coming up. I wanted to give you some inside secrets about some of my Indulgence products that have more than one use.
Over the years (6 since I started the line), I’ve found, mostly by accident, that some of my products have multiple benefits, so check out this list below and see if your favorite Indulgence Product has a hidden talent…
1. Aloe and Green Tea Moisture Serum - This is by far the most versatile product in the Indulgence line. The product is meant to be an oil free facial moisturizer, but it also doubles as a Make-up Primer AND can be used as a make-up setting spray, due to the glycerin in this product. If you look at the ingredients in your own primers and make-up setting sprays, you’ll find that they’re basically just water, glycerin, and a some chemicals to preserve the product and make it smell good, but the active ingredient is glycerin. Glycerine is a humectant, which means it pulls moisture from the air, re-hydrating your skin constantly, which keeps make-up look fresh by avoiding creasing and keeping skin from looking blotchy or uneven. In addition, this product contains quite a bit of Aloe, which helps to moisturize skin as well as plump fine lines and promote cell renewal. For skincare, promoting cell renewal means keeping skin fresh and healthy, but it also makes this product very helpful in speeding up the healing process of scrapes, cuts and especially burns.
2. Whipped Body Frosting - Whipped Body Frosting is a whipped body butter that deeply moisturizes skin, but as I found out one morning about 3 years ago, when I ran out of texture cream, it also helps to define curls without making hair feel crunchy. I honestly only put it in my hair because I was desperate, and it was about the same consistency as my texture cream and it just so happened to be on my night stand at the time, and BOY was I surprised when I actually liked the results! Not to mention that my hair smelled amazing and was SUPER soft. Since it works so well as a leave-in product, I decided to try it as a moisture mask, but applying the product to my hair, wrapping it in plastic and heating it (either with the hair dryer or out in the sun during the summer months), and my hair has never been healthier or shinier.
3. Body Scrubs - Our body scrubs are great for exfoliating and moisturizing skin anywhere on your body, but they also make a GREAT substitute for shaving cream. Just apply the scrub to your legs in the shower, rub until the sugar dissolves, and then shave off the oil. It creates great "slip" and gives you a closer shave, because you're removing any dead skin buildup before shaving.
4. Dirty Work Charcoal Mask - This mask is mainly intended to remove blackheads, but it also works wonders as a drawing salve. Put it on pimples, boils, or splinters to draw them out.
5. "Made in the Shea" Sunblock - Of course this sunblock works to protect you from UV rays, but the Zinc Oxide in this product will also help to clear up skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. I actually discovered this when a friend of mine told be that it had cleared up her daughter’s Eczema. Once she told me, I had to do some addtional research on the ingredients and a link to eczema relief and learned that it was the zinc oxide. Apparently almost all antihistamine creams contain zinc oxide. That is why they’re all so white.
Now that you know about these multi-talented products, I hope you’ll shop SMALL on Saturday November 26th, and take advantage of my Small Business Saturday Sales!