The Pampered Posts (Blog)
5/3 Smudge-Proof Eyeliner
|Posted on May 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM|
Here’s a question from one of my readers:
“I spend time every morning putting eyeliner on and by the time I get to work (10 minute drive) it’s smeared all over my face. My eyes do water, but I can’t be the only person who has this problem? Do you know of any smudge-proof eyeliners that actually work?”
You have definitely come to the right place, because I am an eyeliner junkie!
This is a BIG problem for a lot of people. If you google this topic, you will find that there are literally hundreds of women looking for the answer to this question. Fortunately, you have me to sift through all the product suggestions and reviews so you can get right to the good stuff!
I have tried every drug store brand out there, and quite a few of the higher end brands as well, and my pencil of choice is:
“Covergirl” Perfect Point Plus.
- This is a “crayon” type eyeliner, that self sharpens. It goes on smooth, has a great deep color, and stays put all day!
- It only costs a few dollars, and you can get it just about anywhere, but I have sworn by this brand for years now! It holds up through winter watery eyes, itchy, runny allergy eyes, and even summer humidity.
- Although this is not a “water proof” eyeliner it definitely does the trick for me. Sometimes, when I’m too lazy to wash my face after a night out (I know, I know, shame on me!), it will still be in place when I wake up in the morning.
- I am a very oil-dry person, so if your skin is on the oily side, this may or may not work for you.
When I received this question, I did a little research, and found many positive reviews for “Make Up For Ever” Aqua Eyes Eyeliner. I have not personally tried this, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.
“Make Up For Ever” Aqua Eyes Eyeliner
- This is a 2-in-1 shadow/liner pencil. It has a soft texture, which makes it glide on smooth, and comes in a variety of colors. The only negative thing I’ve heard is that it is difficult to sharpen. When you purchase it, ask the salesperson to help you find a sharpener that will work well, and spend those few extra dollars to ensure you get the most use out of it as possible, as it’s a little on the pricey side.
- It costs $16 and is available at Sephora. Some of the reviews claim that you can even swim and work-out in it, and it doesn’t budge!
- After reading the great reviews, I’ll be purchasing this one for summer. An eyeliner you can swim in sounds like a dream come true to me!
I hope this helps!
Send your beauty questions to [email protected] and I’ll answer them in my next blog.
Don’t forget to stop by tomorrow for another dose of the beauty blog!
Post a Comment
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Oops, you forgot something.